31 December 2009

A Well Remembered Dream

We walked along a golden beach with a purple sky.
The trees, oh, the trees. The most luscious green I ever did see.
The sea was also green, but it was different.
The purple and the sea green mixed together and danced.
The ever changing colour was mystical.
We held hands as we walked.
The words we spoke I couldn't hear.
I couldn't feel the sand between my toes.
I couldn't smell the sea air.
But my heart raced.
I watched from far away as we walked
Just out of reach of the tides ebb and flow
But I came closer to hear our words.
By the time I came close enough
We had stopped and I asked you
"Could you love me if I changed?"
You told me that 'it didn't matter.'
You looked me in my muddy eyes
"You could arrange the stars in my honour
And push the moon away,
You could brush away the mountains
And drain the sea,
I will always love you."
Her hair was the coat of a panther
Or the feathers a raven
Or pelt of the Kuroi Ookami.
Like the soul, perhaps?
Her eyes changed their colour
Like the sea we shared.
To every colour imaginable
And all those in between.
Her skin was as pale as the moon
And purer than angels.
"I will return," she said
"When you need me the most."
I pleaded that I needed her now.
"No, you will need me later
And I will be there for you.
I love you"
She left me standing there
And as I now saw through my eyes
I could feel the pang of tears
But none ran down my face.
She flowed as she walked away.
"I will wait. Just don't let me wait too long."
I wake.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home