21 July 2009

Day, the origin of belief. (What must I believe?)

If days to me are just the sun
And nights are just the dark
Then time perceived is all but false
Unbroken in one part.
There's no tomorrow,
There's no today.
Yesterday? The same.
It all is just a cycle
Unending, one may say.

But now, a question:

Unending?
For one not to have an end
A beginning must lore.
Surely there's an origin?
Say there must be more.

Creation is unfashionable
While evolution is unsure
If all the little pieces
Will fit to make the core
Belief of human ancestry
Pre dating all we know,
Denying souls to take their flight
With a weighty curse 'No More'.

Must I take comfort in the thought
That somehow I'll live on
In feeding worms and maggots
With my flesh when I am gone?

What then of my soul?
What then of my life?
What then can you tell
That will end my fearful strife?
That yes, I am but dust
And yes, I will soon die
Sooner to be forgotten
As legend becomes a lie.

My tomb will stink the stench of putrid death beneath the stone
Until the day when dust does settle. Those which were my bones.
And on the nights when moonlit rays beam down upon my tomb
Reminding all that we are cursed from birth and from the womb
Some will look and shiver as their fears are same to mine.
Those fears that we are only what those see we've left behind.

You say that I'm a fool,
That only fools believe in God.
Yet you believe in something
That needs faith. And faith's for fools?
Do I say that you are wrong?
Or do I mock at your beliefs,
Spit on the ground you walk on,
Call you ignorant, liars and thieves?

If, to live my life in peace, I choose
To cry for God
Then leave me to my prayers
Without a wink or word or nod.
I don't require judgement
From the tongue that does not know.
For I know more about these things
Than some who are in Rome.

With these laid out before me
With no origin in sight,
I wonder if I am wrong?
For none say I am right.
The sun will soon be rising
To bring another light.
Those who slept know not my thoughts,
They live happy as they lay.

But here I am always tortured.
Every night. Every day...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home