01 January 2011

God Damn.

Tonight, the last night of this decade, was a complete waste of time. What an apt sum of these last ten years, this year and what a horrible omen for the next.

I attended a shit house party with a full lot of pathetic individuals getting drunk, all of which were younger. I then decided to park in town and wander about the usual haunts and see if I might know anyone. First, I went to Sally Longs to meet Shane, he was working. Unfortunately, he was busy talking to people I didn't know, not knowing anyone else there, so I left after a very brief minute or two. Then, I walked through town to The Roisin Dubh to see if I might find anyone there. I didn't. So, I took a different route back up the town, past a few bars, to see if I might bump in to anyone I may know. I didn't. Although, there were many people out celebrating the new year. Finally, I got in my car and drove home.

So here I am at home, alone, distressed, upset and, if I were to be honest, a little depressed. Why am I telling you, unknown reader all of this? The reason why anyone would, I am no different. By writing this I feel as though I am talking to someone and sharing my thoughts even though there is no one actually there. Not in the immediate, anyway.
So, thank you for reading this and sharing in my life even though no one did tonight.

Since it would feel wholly fake to say the traditional farewell I will say this:

I hope you survive this coming year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home