01 March 2009

Orion (My Golden Valentine)


Written from the perspective of a woman (lyrics)

Do you remember
All those years ago,
When a girl and an immortal where one?
We lay under
The golden sun
And made love in a golden dream.
Your raven hair,
Your softened touch,
Caressing me.

You told me
You loved me so much.
I told you,
"I love you too."

Orion,
My hunter with ruby eyes.
Orion,
My lover and Valentine.
Your strength surrounds.
A new hope found
As we lie under an azure sky.

Will you remember,
All the years from now,
When I have passed away
When we rolled in the grass,
From the first to the last
Hour of the that day?
My heart jumped pace
As you took your place.
A maiden no more am I.

You where my only one.

Orion,
The blue is fading faster.
Orion,
The night becomes the master.
As the black comes on
Your arms so strong
Relax and release me slowly.

I kissed your lips
And shared a last embrace
Before you stood to go.
In silhouetted grace,
You took a hasted pace
And never turned 'round to see me.

Then
I
Cried.

Please tell me, Orion
Why you had to leave?
"If you could only understand
That the strong are also weak."

"I left
To protect
From a life that's filled with death.
On our golden day,
In our golden dream
I wanted you to remember me that way.
Not blood stained,
Not beaten,
Nor slaying Heaven's Gods.
I only wished
To share my love.
You where my only one."

"But I swear to protect you.
Even if I don't return."

I waited
For years to come
For my Golden Valentine.

Orion.

Many years ago,
When I was just a girl,
I met a man so strong.
In youthful glee
We where intertwined
Together for a days forever.
But he left to become
A hero of all the world
So now I'm left alone.

Orion,
My tears have filled the sky.
Orion,
The night has a comforting sight.
Raise your sword
And hold your shield
In the night, defend me.
Remember me
Through eternity
My lover and Valentine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home