12 November 2008

Tangled Words Set Free

Now don't you regret when I spoke my mind? Hearing all my thoughts of you that seemed kind. But really, I should have kept that opinion of mine secret, enclosed, and constricted in a vine of sensible action and logical fact. On second thought, seeing it replayed like an act, in the same position I'd do it again. Not out of enjoying us being in pain, but simply because, and I'm not to blame, it's simply like suddenly being caught in the rain with no coat, no umbrella, just stuck in the middle, as the street around you turns to a puddle. You try your best to run to a shelter as fast as you can but you're just getting wetter. So if I was to do it again, be in that situation, stuck in a pen, I'd be confounded with words, destroyed by emotion, unknowing if you thought with the same simple notions. But really, I knew. "There is a connection", but nothing that could turn it to a conviction on either of our parts, you're not alone, I don't know how I feel about you as I'm sitting at home pondering, wondering, think, think, thinking about all of the times we've talked, as we were reading the letters and messages and mail sent to both. But I do feel I know you a bit better than most. Not in a "I know your favourite colour" kind of way, but I know how you think. But I still don't know what to say when you're around, when you playfully hit me a pound that barely even hurts but I react like it does and I sprinkle you with dirt. I do it because, "There is a connection". Will it ever be conviction.? So, do you regret when I spoke my mind? Or are you glad I let go of the vine?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home